So due to lots of questions I've been getting from future BYUI girls about fashion for this upcoming semester, I decided to share some tips with y'all to hopefully help with shopping and surviving your first freezing semester!!
STAPLE ITEMS:
Cardigans and/or lightweight zip-up hoodies
Infinity scarves (with thick material)
Wool socks
Flannel tights
Beanies/whatever hats work with your hair
Ear warmers (they look like headbands but they're A LOT warmer)
Gloves
Snow jacket
Jackets (of medium thickness, like a peacoat)
Sweaters (thick AND lightweight)
Boots WITH GOOD TREAD!! Not just cute boots that have nothing on the bottom whatsoever. You WILL twist your ankle and fall every five seconds when you're walking outside.
MY DAILY LAYERS
Layers will become your best friend. It's freezing outside, but inside they crank the heat and you'll die if you don't plan ahead by wearing layers that you can take off/put on if you start to sweat or freeze. Here's how I handled the changing temperatures on the coldest days:
Lightweight sweater or regular short sleeve T-shirt (with undershirt if needed)
Flannel tights (NOT LEGGINGS. The flannel leggings that I've seen are too thick to wear comfortably under pants. Plus wearing tights means extra warmth on your feet!)
Pants (duh)
Wool socks
Boots
Cardigan or zip-up hoodie
Infinity scarf (I like these better than regular scarves because they're usually less bulky, but also very warm if you get the right kind. I got some at Charming Charlie's that are GREAT. Don't get the silky material, get a thicker cotton/other material)
Snow jacket or peacoat
Gloves
Beanie or hat of your choice



No comments:
Post a Comment