Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Picking a Major


Picking a major wasn't as difficult for me as I know it has been for some people. I've always loved books and writing, so my major has always been English-centered. For a while it was Journalism, or Creative Writing, or just plain old English. And when I finally figured out that I wanted to teach, it became English Education.


Even though the process was pretty simple for me, I've thought about how I would go about choosing a different major if for some reason English was no longer an option. Here's what I've come up with: a series of questions to ask myself.

What are the things you've wanted to be growing up?

Maybe childhood dreams (like mine of being a Barbie doll) are unrealistic, but maybe they aren't. Make a list of your past career desires and see what the similarities between some of them are. Maybe even make a venn diagram.

What do you think about when you don't HAVE to be thinking about anything? 

(Before you fall asleep, in the shower, etc)

What is something you're passionate about? 

It could be a hobby, or a problem the world currently has: issues with equality, terrorism, crime, whether or not we should vaccinate our kids, etc.

And with that, I will leave you with some more hilarious college-related memes I've found.






No comments:

Post a Comment