Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Husband's Guest Post: How I Knew Momma Jess Was the One For Me

Alright all you children and such, this one is for you! After finding out that momma Jess wanted me to do a blog post and yall wanted to hear one as well, this was made for you.

I want to tell you all how I knew that Jess was the one for me and how that came to be but first you should know a little bit of background story. I had just served my 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and had been home for no more than two months! I was still a little awkward but nothing back home felt right. One of my good friends came to me and made me get back into social media and such and I linked them to my Facebook. Anyways, in so doing is how Momma Jess and I met. We met across a Facebook group for young single adults for our church. About the time that I had the impression to move in with my uncle in Utah and find work was about the same time that Jessica had just come up to attend BYU-Idaho. We met and hung out and it was just like that!

Now, for the explanation on how I came to "know". First off, I do not in any way believe in a 'one true love'. I think that is a bunch of bogus crap and that anyone can work out given the right circumstances. When momma Jess and I were talking before we had met face to face however, there was something about her that I could just not explain. There was something that sparked in her eye that made me want to get to know her. In essence, I knew that I could see myself with her for eternity. We skyped, talked, laughed, called, etc, and even to this point I just knew and hoped that she felt the same.

After moving and spending time together on weekends when she would come to Utah to visit and Thanksgiving break, I had a feeling that I wanted to propose to her. A lot of things went through my mind and I still had no clue how things would work out. To me though, if it felt right I knew that it would work out with God in the end. I had known for months that I liked her and loved her but when I went to propose was when it was assured that she would be my companion for eternity (hoping nothing happened between the engagement and marriage date).

Knowing if it is right or not is not going to be a shout in the wind at you personally or a clear neon sign saying "Hey marry ______!!!".  After having knelt in many long and sincere prayers and scripture studies and temple visits came the calm feeling of what I can only come close to describe as peace, butterflies in my stomach, and a smile on my face. It is something that happens. I knew that Momma Jess was the one for me because she made me smile. She made me laugh. She made me want to be more. She made me want to become more.
Jess has always been beside me and always will be. I know she was the one for me because I've never been a better individual without her. So my advice to all of you, don't be looking for the ONE. Go out and date and have a good time. When you are ready to find someone to marry date more seriously and actively seek for someone who holds the standards and goals that you want and are looking for. Find someone who uplifts you and keeps you standing tall and high even when you may feel low and insecure. Find someone who not only makes you better, but helps you to become better. That is how you can find the person best for you.

I added this for Husband since he's not blog-savvy haha. This is his favorite
wedding photo from our "photo session" on the temple grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment